If you have recently bought a Chromecast device and now you are looking for a guide to use it then you are landed on the right page. So, first of all, let me tell you about the Chromecast extension and then we will discuss how to download and install it. This is a free extension that installs on your chrome browser and lets you cast chrome browser`s tabs to your Chromecast device.
This can also help you cast videos from youtube, Vimeo, twitch or from any other website directly to your TV. Not only this but using this extension you can also display any type of website to a group of your friends or people with ease.
What is Actually Required To Download Chromecast Extension?
To install this extension you need a chrome browser to be installed on your pc. Chrome browser is a free web browser offered by Google. For now, you can only download Chromecast extension on chrome browser.
It does not support other browsers like firefox, safari, internet explorer and others. However, the android version of firefox now lets you watch internet videos on your Chromecast device plugged on your tv. But for desktop, follow the below steps to install this extension successfully.
A brief guide to download and install Chromecast Extension
Step-1 The very first thing you need to do is to download the chrome browser. Follow this link to go to a web page where you can download chrome browser for free.
Simply click on the download chrome button and wait for a few seconds before it starts downloading. Once you are done, move to the next step. If you already have a chrome browser then simply skip this step.
Step-2 Now it’s time to download google Chromecast extension (The official name of Chromecast). Head over to this link, this link will redirect you to the exact page where you can download this free extension. You need to add this extension by clicking on the button add to chrome.
Once it is installed, you will see a little green icon at the right top corner of your browser.
Step-3 Done both steps? Now you are ready to cast web pages as well as videos from your pc to Chromecast. To do this, simply head to any webpage you want to cast and then click on the little green icon at the right top corner. When you do this, you will also be asked about which Chromecast you want to cast.
And if you want to stop casting, click again on the green little icon at the corner and then it will be stopped after a few seconds.
- Read More:- Adobe Lightroom CC 2019 Free Download For Windows
- Read More:- How To Get Likes On TikTok (Get Real Likes For Free)
Using Chromecast In Firefox For Android
As I mentioned above, now you can also cast internet videos from firefox for android using Chromecast. Here is a short guide about it:
- First of all, connect your Chromecast device on the same wifi as your android device.
- Open Chromecast from your android device and then go to the website that has videos. Play any video you like.
- Tap on send to icon this option either appears on the address bar or on the video player
- From sent to device menu choose the Chromecast and that’s it.
- It will take some time to play video on your TV.
- You can control the video like pause, resume or stop the video directly from your android device. You can see the controls for the videos at the bottom of your android device’s screen
Did you see how easy it is to download Chromecast extension and cast videos as well? I hope you like this guide and if you face any problem then ask us in the comment box.
Last Updated on October 8, 2022